Who said that fish and cheese don’t go together in the Italian kitchen? We joined forces with our friend Chef Silvia of La Rina to prove this prejudice about Italian food traditions totally wrong. The umami bombs Anchovy Colatura and Vacche Rosse Cheese are a match made in heaven. Add Yellow Tomatoes from Cilento and you have a pasta sauce that subverts all the cliches!
SERVES: 5-6 people
TIME: 20 minutes
Spaghetti (500 gr/1.1 lbs)
Garlic (1 clove), whole and lightly crushed
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (5 tablespoons)
Colatura (5 tablespoons)
Chili peppers in EVOO (1 teaspoon)
Yellow Tomatoes (680 gr/ 23.9 oz)
Vacche Rosse Cheese (3/4 cup), grated
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add just a little bit of sea salt.
2. In a pan, add EVOO and garlic, and turn on the heat.
3. When the EVOO starts sizzling, discard the garlic and add the chili peppers.
4. Add half the Yellow Tomato juice (only the juice!) and let it reduce for 5 minutes. Then, turn off the heat.
5. Cook the Spaghetti and drain when they are almost done.
6. Finish cooking the Spaghetti in the pan for 3/4 minutes with the heat off, adding the rest of the Yellow Tomatoes and Colatura.
7. Top with Vacche Rosse Cheese, mix very well, and serve.