When we went to visit Sabatino Abagnale in Sant’Antonio Abate, we asked him: How do we best describe your fantastic tomatoes to our friends? He replied: “Just cook it, make a Pasta al Pomodoro and they’ll be hooked for life”. This is Sabatino’s recipe. And if you are also wondering if you should grate some cheese for finishing, well, honestly you won’t need it!
SERVES: 5-6 people
TIME: 20 minutes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a pan, heat the EVOO over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook until golden (about 4 minutes).
- Remove garlic from the pan, add tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Cook Sedani al dente (about 7 minutes), drain, then pour the pasta into the sauce.
- Sautee over high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with some torn basil to taste.