These are 100% Italian Whole Peeled Tomatoes. They are harvested at their peak of ripeness and bring the bright, vibrant flavor of Southern Italy to your kitchen all year around. Their excellent balance between acidity and sweetness makes these tomatoes incredibly versatile, perfect for any recipe that calls for either slow cooking or quick sautéing.
Should you use this opportunity to stock up on tomatoes?
Yes, you should! The best before date of these tomatoes is August 2020, lots of time.
We suggest you use these tomatoes for everything!
Some of our favorite uses for tomatoes are:
- Braised meat pot roasts
- Beef chili, or stews
- Shakshuka (eggs poached in tomatoes)
- Classic pasta al pomodoro
- Bean soup or vegetable minestrone
- Lasagne, or any baked pasta
- Fish stew or mussel marinara
- Meatball or sausage in tomato sauce
- Melanzane alla parmigiana
- Homemade pizza
- Any curry variation, from chicken to lentils