This is the simplest and most iconic cheese pairing: it doesn’t get more Emilia Romagna than this. When the tart and viscous Traditional Balsamic Vinegar meets the savory and nutty Vacche Rosse Cheese, their flavors combine in an explosion of umami notes.
These two food icons represent the historic culinary landscape and old food traditions of Emilia Romagna. This Traditional Balsamic Vinegar is made in Modena by Mariangela with her own local organic grapes and is aged for 12 years in wooden barrels. This 24 month aged Vacche Rosse Cheese is made by farmer Luciano, using exclusively the milk of his red cows, a heritage breed local to the areas of Parma and Reggio Emilia.
The classic way of serving Vacche Rosse Cheese with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar is before dessert, as a luscious end to your meal. But you could also serve this dish as an appetizer, perhaps paired with your favorite sparkling wine.
- When you receive your cheese, store it in the fridge;
- When you are ready to eat it, open the bag and leave the cheese inside the bag at room temperature for one hour;
- When you are ready to serve it, slice it in small wedges with a pointy knife;
- Place the wedges on a plate or wooden board and garnish with 2 or 3 drops of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar on each piece of cheese,
- Store the remainder of the cheese in its bag in the fridge for up to three months.