Next time you serve a jar of Porcini sott’olio as part of your aperitivo spread, take a few minutes to make these hazelnut-cheese crisps. There’s truly no game between homemade crostini and any store bought crisp. The savory fattiness Vacche Rosse cheese perfectly rounds off the porcini final tang. The crunchy edges of bread topped with the Alta Langa hazelnut crumble create a satisfying contrast with the fleshy succulent porcini.
When buying the bread to make the crostini, make sure you choose a loaf with a tight crumb- too many holes and the cheese mixture will fall through.
SERVES: about 4, as part of an aperitivo spread
TIME: 20 minutes
- Bread, 12 slices, sliced very thin (around 0.5cm / 1/4 inch thick)
- Vacche Rosse Cheese, 30g / 1/3 cup, finely grated
- Alta Langa Hazelnuts, 30g / 1/4 cup, finely ground
- Porcini Mushrooms in Olive Oil, 1 jar
- Preheat the oven to 500°F/260°C.
- Arrange the slices of bread on a baking sheet and cover with a generous layer of the grated cheese.
- Top each slice of bread with a thin layer of ground hazelnuts.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until crisp.
- Allow to cool slightly and place one Porcino mushroom on top of each slice. Serve with the jar of porcini mushroom in olive oil.