When you have outstanding Fusilli Martelli and fresh Pesto genovese in your kitchen, a fancy meal is going to come together in about 15 minutes. Our pro tip for a very traditional Ligure move? Drop some small potato cubes in the boiling water and cook them together with the pasta, it’s a dreamy starch combo that will soak up all the pesto richness.
This is how we do it:
- Use 2 Pesto jars for every 1 pack of Fusilli
- Cook the Fusilli and small cubes of peeled potatoes in the same pot of boiling salted water
- Drain, saving some pasta water
- Scoop the pesto into the pasta and potatoes, mix well
- Add about 1 tablespoon of pasta water to each empty jar
- Close the lids, shake, then pour the contents of the jars into the pasta
- Stir vigorously until the pasta becomes creamy
- Serve immediately
Tip: Saving the pasta water is key. Don’t skip this step. Adding pasta water will help you achieve that perfect creaminess AND you will use every last drop of pesto!