When you have outstanding Fusilli Martelli and Pesto Genovese in your kitchen, a fancy meal can come together in about 15 minutes. Our pro tip for a very traditional Ligure move? Drop some small potato cubes in the boiling water and cook them together with the pasta. This dreamy starch combo will soak up all the pesto richness!
Tip: Roberto Panizza’s shelf stable Pesto Genovese is very salty. This Pesto is a condiment, not a stand-alone sauce to eat by the spoonful. We recommend NOT salting the pasta water: use all the salinity of the Pesto for a perfectly balanced result.
TIME: 15 minutes
- Fusilli Martelli, 1 bag ( 500g / 1.1 lbs)
- Potato, about 1 medium, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Roberto Panizza Pesto Genovese, 2 jars (340g / 12oz)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and do not add any salt.
- Cook the fusilli and small cubes of peeled potato together in pot of boiling water, until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Drain the pasta and potatoes, reserving at least two cups of cooking water.
- Place back in the empty pot (or in a large mixing bowl) and scoop the pesto into the pasta and potatoes, mixing well.
- Fill each empty pesto jar with pasta cooking water. Close the lids, shake, the pour the contents of the jars onto the pasta.
- Stir vigorously until the pasta becomes creamy, adding more pasta water if needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!