This is the ultimate Trenette al Pesto, it doesn’t get any better. Why? Because we’re using the award-winning, number one fresh pesto in the world: the “King of Pesto” Roberto Panizza’s Fresh Pesto Genovese. Roberto is fanatical about sourcing his ingredients, and you bet you can taste the difference.
Tip #1: As soon as your Gustiamo box arrives, put your pesto in the fridge. Before using it, bring it to room temperature by letting it sit out on your counter.
Tip #2: Saving the pasta water is key. Don’t skip this step. Adding pasta water will help you achieve that perfect creaminess AND you will use every last drop of pesto!
TIME: 15 minutes
- Trapani Coarse Sea Salt, to taste
- Linguine Trenette Faella, 1 bag (500g/ 1.1lbs)
- Roberto Panizza Fresh Pesto Genovese, 2 jars (300g / 10.4oz)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salted with coarse sea salt to taste.
- Cook the trenette until al dente. Drain and place back into the empty pot (or large serving bowl), reserving at least two cups of pasta water.
- Scoop the pesto into the hot pasta, off the heat, mixing well.
- Fill each empty jar with the reserved pasta water, close the lids, shake well, then pour the contents of the jar into the pasta.
- Stir vigorously until the pasta becomes creamy, adding more pasta water if needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!