At the end, my wife and I toss in some bite-sized pieces of shrimp, gently sautéed in extra virgin olive oil and a clove of garlic. But don’t feel compelled. The basics are, in this case, more than good enough.
— Jesse Kornbluth, for HeadButler.com
TIME: 20 minutes
- Fusilli Martelli, 1 box (500g / 1.1lbs)
- Parco dei Buoi EVOO, 5 Tbsp
- Garlic cloves, 2, peeled
- Piennolo Tomatoes, 1 jar
- Colatura, 3 Tbsp
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh basil, a few leaves
- Cook the pasta al dente by boiling it in abundant salted water, about 10 minutes, tasting every few minutes to make sure pasta has still a firm bite.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a wide skillet over low to medium heat.
- Add garlic cloves and sauté until golden, then remove.
- Add the Piennolo tomatoes and cook over low to medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Combine tomatoes with drained pasta and add approximately 2-3 tablespoons of Colatura.
- Mix well to blend flavors and coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Finish with chopped fresh basil.