At the end, my wife and I toss in some bite-sized pieces of shrimp, gently sautéed in olive oil and a clove of garlic. But don’t feel compelled. The basics are, in this case, more than good enough.
— Jesse Kornbluth, for HeadButler.com
1 box (500gr/1.1lbs) Fusilli Martelli
5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Parco dei Buoi
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 jar Piennolo Tomatoes
3 tablespoons Colatura
Sea Salt Trapani by Gucciardo
2-3 leaves fresh basil
- Cook the pasta al dente by boiling it in abundant salted water, about 10 minutes, tasting every few minutes to make sure pasta has still a firm bite.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a wide skillet over low to medium heat.
- Add garlic cloves and sauté until golden, then remove.
- Add the Piennolo tomatoes and cook over low to medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Combine tomatoes with drained pasta and add approximately 2-3 tablespoons of Colatura.
- Mix well to blend flavors and coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Finish with chopped fresh basil.