This recipe for gnocchi di semolina with Cardoon honey comes to us from Chef Holly Smith of Cafe Juanita.
- Whole milk, 1.6L / 7 cups
- Semolina, 360g / 2 cups
- Butter, 4 Tbsp
- Vacche Rosse Cheese, 1/4 cup
- Sea Salt to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to moisten board to cool gnocchi
- Cardoon honey
- Scald salted milk over medium high heat whisk in semolina until thickened. Switch to a wooden spoon or rubber spatula and cook 3-5 minutes. Add butter, mix well incorporated. Add cheese and yolks by each. Taste and adjust seasoning (salt) as needed.
- Using a rubber spatula pour onto oiled wooden board ( or cutting board).
Cool in refrigerator, then cut or tear shapes and brown in butter and extra
virgin olive oil until brown and crisp.
- Warm in oven and serve drizzled with cardoon honey. This is great with braised beef or pork
cheeks. Will hold in fridge 4-5 days.