Yep, you read the title correctly. You can now recreate the Caffe Sicilia Noto Almond Granita made famous by Chef’s Table in your very own kitchen. There’s only two ingredients: water and almond spread. But not just any almond spread! For that authentic Sicilian flavor, you’ll need a jar of Corrado Assenza’s Noto Romana Almond Spread. Known for their sweetness and deeply aromatic profile, Corrado maintains you can’t have a true Sicilian dessert without the flavor of these particular almonds. An ice-cold granita is the best way to experience their fruity aroma and and insane almondy intensity!
TIME: up to 3 hours (active time, 30 mins)
- Noto Romana Almond Spread, 250g / 8.8oz ( 1 jar)
- Very cold, fresh water, 600g / 2 1/2 cups
- Fill a large pitcher with very cold water.
- Add the entire jar of almond spread and whisk thoroughly until it’s completely dissolved into the water. Add some of the milky liquid back into the empty jar and close the lid tightly. Shake vigorously, then return to the pitcher. You don’t want to waste a single drop of this precious spread!
- Place the pitcher in the freezer for 30 minutes, then remove and whisk the frozen almond milk.
- Repeat an additional 3 to 5 times until the ice crystals are uniform and the granita is spoonable. If the granita gets too hard, simply leave it out on the counter for a few minutes until you can whisk it again.