This is another recipe for dummies. You can’t fail and it is incredibly good and good for you. To make whole fish baked under a crust of sea salt you only need a trusted fishmonger and a good sea salt.
What we love about this recipe is that when you break the crust in front of your guests it makes quite a theatrical scene. The crust allows the fish to retain its moisture and the fragrance of the herbs you choose to put inside. Of course, the good minerals from the sea salt get transferred to the fish, too. Trapani sea salt has so much more to offer than just saltiness!
TIME: 40 minutes
- Put some of the herbs in the belly of the fish.
- Mix the rest of the herbs, the whole garlic clove, and the sea salt in a big bowl.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven at 390°F/200°C.
- Pour a layer of the sea salt mixture on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place the fish on top of the salt mixture and cover it with the remaining mixture, making sure you create an even and compact crust.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Break the crust in front of your guests and serve.