This brownie recipe celebrates the chocolate creations of Marco Colzani. These are fantastically fudgy brownies made with his dark chocolate and chocolate hazelnut spread. This recipe also uses real hazelnuts from Piemonte, the same hazelnuts that Marco uses in his chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Unsalted butter, 115 gr (1 stick), plus more for greasing the baking dish
- Colzani chocolates, 2 boxes
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, 1 jar
- Sugar, 2/3 cup
- Eggs, 2
- Ground coffee, 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Maiorca flour, 3/4 cup
- Sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Hazelnuts, 1/3 bag chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Break the chocolates in pieces and combine with butter in a bowl over simmering water (bain-marie) and melt the chocolate. Stir occasionally. Once the chocolate is melted set aside.
3. In a bowl combine the chocolate hazelnut spread, sugar, eggs, and whisk well. Add the ground coffee, vanilla extract, chopped hazelnuts and mix.
4. Slowly incorporate the melted chocolate in the batter and whisk together until well combined. Now, fold in the flour and salt.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a knife or spatula.
6. Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should pull out some moist crumbs.